Take a Vow to Eat & Live Healthy this World Health Day
In tune with other commemorative days, the World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated on April 7 every year. It was first observed in the year 1950, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO), with the message of “Health for All”. Following innumerable studies, the WHO emphasized the importance of investing in universal healthcare for a better tomorrow. The World Health Day – also marks the beginning of the WHO – is seen as an opportunity to draw worldwide attention to the subject of universal health.
Indeed, good health is important for everyone. No matter what materialistic possessions you have, you cannot enjoy them if you’re not in a good health. In this fast-paced life, we tend to ignore our health due to various reasons. But like it is said, “It is never too early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you.” This World Health Day, take a pledge to opt for a holistic approach towards a healthy living by following some simple steps.
- Eat a Balanced Diet – You’re what you eat. Believe in the saying, and start eating healthy food for a better health. A healthy and balanced diet refers to the essential nutrients that your body requires for its smooth functioning. You should have a balance of carbs, fats, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients essential for your mind and body. Remember, a good health refers to both physical and mental health. A healthy diet helps your body to keep deficiencies at bay, too.
You may start your day with a glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice, or milkshake. Havells, the premium brand for electronic products, has a wide of range of juicers and blenders, via which you can easily make fresh, homemade juices and milkshakes. You must say no to trans-fats and fried foods if you want to have a healthy body. To attain this, you might consider using an air fryer that lets you cook delicious food items without compromising on the taste. You must consume milk, milk products, green veggies, fruits, pulses, meat, and other such healthier foodstuffs in order to have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Water, being one of the most important components of our body, should be consumed at regular intervals. As we all know, our bodies need water for its effective functioning, which includes controlling blood pressure, regulating body temperature, lubricating joints, helping in digestion and bowel movements. So, all in all, water is crucial for our existence.
However, it’s important to drink healthy water rather than just water. Seeing the influx of pollutants in the water, it has become increasingly important to have water devoid of germs and other impurities. Havells, with its expertise in technology, has brought in a range of Water Purifiers in RO & UV Purification options which offer 100% RO+UV safe drinking water. Invest in a right water purifier to attain a healthy body.
- Exercise Regularly – Exercising is the key to staying fit, both physically and mentally. Even if you’re eating a balanced diet and having adequate water, your body may get sluggish without exercise. A sedentary lifestyle, more often than not, leads to a number of health issues. So, in order to lead an active lifestyle, you must start exercising. If working out in a gym is not possible for you, try other activities like getting into some sports or dance classes, taking a flight of stairs instead of escalators, brisk walking, and other such activities, to remain active and stay fit.
- Rest Well – If exercising is important for our body, it is equally important to rest well for both mental and physical fitness. Your body is not a machine, meant to work incessantly. You should take rest when your body calls for it. Getting adequate sleep of 7 to 8 hours is absolutely necessary for the efficient functioning of a human body.
- Avoid Smoking – You should refrain from tobacco, alcohol and other such substances, to have a healthy body. As we all know, these things might give a momentary pleasure but are health hazardous and thus, harmful in the long run.
So, these are some basic steps, which on following, can result in a healthy mind and body. Being a responsible human being, you must be watchful and courteous enough to do something for the people around, for the society, for the nation and actually for the world. Small initiatives can bring a big change. Be happy and healthy, and spread that healthy vibe for a healthier world!