Select the Best Beard Style for your Face
You just saw a handsome chap who was sporting a particular beard outside your office. He was looking so good in that particular style of beard that you too want to try that look. But do you know that every beard style cannot suit everyone? Yes, because different face shapes need different beard styles. To achieve that perfect oval shape look, you must know that your beard and your jaw work hand in hand. In fact, while selecting the right beard style for your face, make sure that the beard doesn’t elongate any part of your face which would actually divert the overall idea of looking dapper. And as a rule, there must be no hard lines but a slight fade into the beard at the cheeks and neckline (where the beard starts and ends).
While sporting a beard, you actually want to add contrast and dimension to your face. It’s like highlighting certain facial features which would enhance your appearance. Any person with a square or round jaw would like to grow his beard fuller on the bottom to make his face appear little longer, while a person with an oblong or rectangular face would want more hair on the sides to strike a balance. To make it easier for you, given below is a guide which can help in choosing the right beard style for your face.
If you have a square shape face, keep your beard fuller on the chin and trimmed on the sides. Avoid making the beard too sharp or pointed from the jaw line to the chin unless you want to highlight the squareness. Try to make a rounder edge at the bottom of your beard for the best results. Some styles that go well on a square face shape are
- Circle Beard – a chin patch and a mustache, forming a circle.
- Royale Beard – A mustache along with a chin strip.
- Goatee – A small beard that elongates the chin.
- Petite Goatee – A very small beard that elongates the chin.
Want to make your chubby face look a little chiseled? Of course, then grow hair longer on your chin and keep them shorter on the cheekbones. This will help in giving the illusion of a slimmer and longer face. You can try out the below mentioned beard styles.
- Van Dyke Beard – A full goatee with a disconnected mustache.
- Short Boxed Beard – A short beard with thin, neatly trimmed sides.
- Balbo Beard – A beard without sideburns and a trimmed, floating mustache.
- Anchor Beard – A pointed beard along the jawline, paired with a mustache.
Oblong or Rectangular Face
To brag your strong facial structure, keep your beard shorter on bottom and fuller or longer on the sides. Make sure to fill out any sharp angle around the jaw line to enhance the face. Check out the following beard styles to suit your face shape.
- Mutton Chops Beard – Long sideburns connected to a mustache.
- Gunslinger Beard and Mustache – Flared sideburns paired with a horseshoe mustache.
- Chin Strip – A vertical line of hair across the chin.
- Chin Strap Style Beard – A beard with no mustache that circles the chin.
Tada! So, you have got the ideal face which is perfect for almost every beard style. You can try almost all styles but remember not to create a round shape with longer hair on the sides. Explore some of the best beard styles here.
- Chevron – A mustache that covers your entire top lip.
- 3-Day Stubble Beard – A closely trimmed beard that looks like 3 days of stubble.
- Horseshoe Mustache – A mustache with long bars pointing downward.
- Original Stache – A trimmed mustache that sits just above the top lip.
Now when you know what beard styles can accentuate your face, you must be prepared with the essential gear to keep that look intact. To groom your best version, Havells can assist with its range of electric trimmers and shavers which are crafted using advanced technology. The range is the best with amazing features on board, accompanied by a great power back-up. Take your face game to the next level by selecting the right beard style and keeping it in perfect shape with the right grooming accessories from Havells.