6 Easy Tips to Make Your Air Cooler Perform Better This Summer
With the soaring temperature, it becomes increasingly difficult to stay calm and relaxed in summers. Though the need of the hour is air conditioners, there are many households that still abide by the air-coolers. And why not, air coolers actually boast of many good reasons for choosing them over air conditioners. Besides being environment friendly, the air coolers are certainly low-priced and economical to use as compared to air-conditioners.
In the last few years, the mechanism of air-coolers has been noticeably improved while their sizes have reduced considerably. However, the basic principle of natural evaporative cooling remains unchanged. The evaporative cooling principal, essentially, is taking hot air in and passing it through wet wood wool or honey comb pads of the air-cooler to make it cooler. So now as you have decoded the fundamentals of air-coolers, follow these simple tips to make sure that your air-cooler works more efficiently this dreadful, hot season.
- Proper ventilation in the room is the key to effective cooling. Unlike air-conditioners, air-coolers work best in the place that is properly ventilated. A ceaseless airflow is necessary for air-coolers to cool effectively. Moreover, good ventilation is also required to push the humidity out from the room.
- Place your air-cooler in front of the window. Again, as we know that air-coolers work on the principle of evaporative cooling, more the hot air will get in faster will be the evaporation and you’ll get only cooler air. Once you’ve set the cooler in front of the window, you can adjust the window a bit to improve the cooling.
- Add a chill pill to experience amazing cooling. By and large, we use air-coolers after filling their water tank. However, adding some ice to the water can do wonders if it’s about cooling. Some coolers actually come with dedicated ice compartments these days. As you add ice to the water, the pads become cooler, which results in cooler air.
- Ensure cleaning of air-cooler before using. Once you’ve unpacked the air-cooler for this season, the first and foremost thing you should carry out is, clean the cooling pads. Meanwhile, they have accumulated dust and pollen. In case they are in a really bad shape, it’s better to replace them. Secondly, you must clean the water tank and ensure it has no leaks. Thirdly, a quick swipe over the fan blades will help to improve the efficiency of air-cooler.
- Handle with care to enjoy long-term cooling. Placing air-coolers on uneven platforms, dragging air-coolers while they are on, and interfering with the rotary blades, can be hazardous, and result in quick wear out of air-coolers. It is always better to handle them with care to enjoy cooling in the long run.
- Saturating the cooling pads before use. Ensure instant cooling by letting the pump run, while you fill the water tank. As the pump will run the water through the cooling pads, they will get soaked in advance. Once the tank is full, you can turn on the fan to experience the cooler air.
Apart from these tips, you can also do simple things like shutting down the drapes and switching off the lights to keep the heat out of the room. Install the cooler at the right place, to ensure its effectiveness. If you’re considering buying an air cooler this season, Havells has an extensive range of personal, window and desert air coolers. These air-coolers are infused with Breatheeazee Technology to offer breathable, healthier and cleaner air. Integrated with the most-modern features, Havells air coolers certainly make the best-buy cooling system for your space.