13 Tips for Beautiful & Healthy Nails
When it is about smart and attractive appearance, well-manicured nails are absolutely as essential as clear complexion and a suave hairstyle. Your nails say everything about you! It’s true because no matter how stylish your outfit is, or how gorgeous you look in that hairstyle, if your nail game is not on point, everything gets over.
Nails do reflect our overall health and that’s why, it is more important to care for them. Taking good care of your nails not only ensures that your hands look good but also helps you to stay hygienic. However, people might not know about the best way to care for their nails and get those beautifully done fingertips. So, given here are some easy nail care tips, which if followed, can help you get the best-looking, healthy nails.
- Keep nails dry and clean. It is important to avoid bacteria from growing under your fingernails. Prolonged contact with water can result in split fingernails. While doing dishes, cleaning or using harsh chemicals, always wear cotton-lined rubber gloves for protection.
- Trim your nails regularly. While using a sharp manicure scissors or clippers, trim your nails straight across and then round slightly at the tips for the maximum strength.
- Avoid biting nails or removing the cuticle. Cuticles are meant for our protection. There is no need to snip or push them back. This can also damage the nail bed, and allow bacteria or fungi to enter and spread an infection.
- Moisturize your nails well. Use a good quality moisturizer to moisturize your hands, nails and cuticles. It will promote the best nail health, together with faster and stronger nail growth.
- Keep nails shaped and free of snags. It is important to keep your nails in good shape, free of cuts or dents, to avoid any further damage. You can invest in a nail shiner to buff away the harsh edges, minor ridges, spots, and discoloration of nails. Havells nail shiner would help you attain that long-lasting natural shine to make your nails look healthy and beautiful.
- Avoid using harsh nail care products. Don’t get swayed by cheap products for your nails. Always use good quality branded nail paints and acetone-free nail paint remover.
- Have a good, nutritious diet for healthy nails. Indulge in healthy food which is rich in iron and calcium. Eat fish, soy products, lentils, green leafy vegetables, dry fruits and milk products to get healthy nails.
- Avoid using your nails as a tool. Nails can get semi or permanently damaged when you use them for rough scratching, opening pop cans or stuff like that.
- Take care of toenails too. Like your fingernails, toenails too need to be trimmed and moisturized regularly. If your toenails are thick and difficult to cut, soak your feet in warm salt water for 5 to 10 minutes. After that, you can cut your toenails easily.
- Avoid “digging out” ingrown toenails. It is important particularly if they are sore and infected. If you are suffering from an ingrown toenail, visit a dermatologist for treatment.
- Avoid pulling off hangnails. Doing this, you might slit live tissue along with the hangnail. It’s better to carefully clip off hangnails.
- Be attentive while getting manicure and pedicure in salons. Make sure that the attendant uses sterilized tools and foot baths to prevent the spread of infection.
- Don’t ignore nail problems. If you have any nail problem – nails color change, swell or pain – that doesn’t seem to go away on its own, consult your doctor or dermatologist for an evaluation as it can be a serious nail problem.
Following these simple nail care tips, you can keep you nails healthy and strong for years to come!