Electric Shavers for Men
Gone are the days when men used to reach their bathroom cabinets early morning to do their routine job of shaving. Shaving – the task – has become simpler and faster since the time electric shavers have arrived on the scene. Electric shavers have emerged as an essential grooming tool for the modern men, given that they are fast, easy-to use and don’t even call for any special shaving technique. Unlike the standard razors, these mechanical devices also help you save both time and money, over and above, provide clean-cut trims.
Since its emergence, electric razors for men have evolved a lot. Earlier there used to be one or two brands that used to manufacture quality shavers. As of now, market is loaded with a number of brands and models. But before buying one for yourself, it is important to know about the type of electric shavers available. For your convenience, we have jotted down brief information on types of electric shavers, along with their pros and cons.
Electric Rotary Shavers
Rotary shavers typically have either three or four rotating heads. These are ideal for people having thick or fast-growing hair that often grow in different directions. Rotary shavers work by lifting the hair away from the face, and cutting it inside one of the rotating components. When you shave with a rotary shaver, you move it in a circular motion on your face.
Rotary Shaver Pros
- Ideal for thick, fast growing facial hair that grows in different directions.
- Perfect for men who don’t want to shave every day.
- Usually deliver great all-round performance.
Rotary Shaver Cons
- Can cause irritation if you have sensitive skin. Rotary shaver’s ideal shaving technique is a light circular motion. If you are getting irritation, then you might need to reduce the pressure you are applying on your shaver.
- Not suggested for men who want precise shaving, like that required in sideburns, a mustache or a goatee.
Electric Foil Shavers
Another type of electric razors available in the market is foil shavers. These shavers have foil-coated oscillating blades, which serve two purposes. First, it helps to lift hair away from the skin so that it can be cut closely and neatly. And second is to reduce blade-on-skin contact, which actually makes foil shavers rather gentle on your face than rotary shavers. Foil shavers are generally available in three and four-blade options, wherein a four-blade foil shaver enables faster and closer shave than a three-blade shaver. When you shave with a foil shaver, you move it in straight, vertical or horizontal lines on your face.
Foil Shaver Pros
- Enables faster and closer shave.
- Gentle on the skin than rotary shavers.
- Can do more precise shaving.
Foil Shaver Cons
- Can only be used in straight, horizontal, or vertical motions.
- Some men find it difficult to get a foil shaver that fits the contours of their face rightly, which as a resultant can have a negative effect on the overall experience of shaving.
Electric shavers are essentially of two types, rotary shavers and foil shavers. Both types of shavers have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Further, they come in cord and cordless, as well as, wet and dry options. Havells, the leading brand for electric products, offers an efficient range of electric shavers that are reasonably priced to suit your grooming needs. So, let the best version of yourself out with Havells electric shavers!