Find Happiness in Everything You Do; Happy World Happiness Day
World Happiness Day, or precisely the International Day of Happiness, is an annual celebration of happiness as a fundamental human right and goal for all mankind. It is dedicated to fill the world with happiness. With an observance on March 20 every year, the International Day of Happiness was first celebrated in 2013. It was conceptualized and founded by Jayme Illien – an activist and philanthropist – to mobilize and instigate the global happiness movement.
We often hear that life is too short, do what makes you happy. But do we actually do anything to keep ourselves happy? No, thanks to the busy and stressful schedules, we are living a mechanical life while managing personal and professional tasks along. We forget that it’s our right to be happy, and it’s absolutely okay to give priority to our mental and physical health. After all, a healthy mind and body can help in channelizing the energy positively to work in a better way.
In literal terms, happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being which can further be stated as positive or pleasurable emotions varying from contentment to intense joy. Happiness is more than a perception. It is a truth though subjective to many people. Happiness could be, being associated with anything that has a positive impact on the mind. It is scientifically proven that happiness is not just beneficial for the mental health, but also the physical health of an individual. And for sure, the overall health of a person is attributable to both mental and physical well-being.
How can you be happy or What you can do to make others happy?
- Do what makes you happy – Be it a painting class, a gym session, a visit to an old-age home, playing with kids, cooking your favorite food or absolutely anything, engage in activities that make you happy. After all, if you’re happy, then only you would be in a position to make others happy.
- Spread happiness – While you enjoy doing what makes you happy, remember to spread happiness and do whatever you can, to make others happy too. Like smile, happiness is contagious too.
- Keep smiling – A simple smile can make even a stranger’s day much brighter. Everyone has his share of problems in both personal and professional lives; facing them with a smile would make the task a little easier.
- Be positive and grateful – With positive thoughts and grateful attitude, we can overcome almost all the difficulties. Being positive is also important for our mental health as negative thoughts are always brutal.
- Eat healthy and exercise regularly – A healthy mind and body is crucial for our overall well-being. Adapt yourself to eating healthy and nutritious food, and exercise regularly to find a “happier” you.
- Spend time with family, friends and yourself – Spending quality time with friends and family is a great stress-buster. Moreover, it improves the relationships as well. If your relations are good, you’ll be at mental peace. Besides all others, spending time with yourself is also important to keep a check on your thoughts and to just “be yourself”.
World Happiness Day aims to inspire, develop, and promote initiatives that lead to happiness for everyone on this planet. The Earth has more than 7.3 billion people, and not all of them know that it’s their right to be happy. Be a spokesperson, tell your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and everyone that happiness is a fundamental human right, and happiness for all must be a fundamental human goal. On this happy note, we wish you all a very happy world happiness day. Keep smiling to spread happiness!